Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Maintaining a Safe, Clean Environment
July 23, 2020
Providence Health is committed to providing a clean and safe care environment, and we are taking all precautionary measures to safeguard our staff, providers and those we serve against the spread of illness. Our hospital is clean and safe – just like it always has been! One of the core elements of properly managing infectious diseases is the cleanliness of our physical facility. We partner with a national environmental services vendor to keep our hospital current on the most effective cleaning and disinfection protocols available in healthcare today.
Here are some of the specific steps we are taking to maintain a clean and safe environment and prevent the spread of infectious diseases, like COVID-19:
1. Compliance with Infection Prevention Best Practices, including:
- following hand hygiene protocol and utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times
- ensuring availability and access to hand sanitizer and soap throughout the facility
- using proper disinfectants, cleaning agents and supplies that meet state and federal infection control standards
2. Terminal Cleaning and Disinfection of Sterile Areas: Our teams conduct
terminal cleaning and disinfection of all sterile areas, including operating and
procedural rooms, in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
3. Focus on High-Touch Areas:
We have enhanced cleaning and disinfection of high-touch items and surfaces in high-traffic areas of our facility, including our emergency room,
lobbies, waiting areas, hallways, restrooms, elevators.
4. Increased Inspections and Rounding to monitor compliance of our cleaning and disinfection process.
5. Education & Training:
In addition to reinforcing our routine cleaning techniques, we are also educating and training our teams on the latest guidance and
recommendations for infection prevention related to COVID-19.
6. Equipment & Technology:
We validate cleaning and disinfection of spaces and surfaces through ATP monitoring and testing.
7. Visitor Restrictions, Screening & Masking:
Our hospital continues to enforce limited visitor restrictions, restricted access to our facility and screen every individual who enters our facility
including patients, staff, providers and vendors. Everyone is required to wear a mask while in our facility.