Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
[Teleneurology is also available 24/7.]
This medical specialty focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and the related vascular system. At Providence Health, our skilled surgeons provide high quality procedures, and our care team follows up with compassionate and comfortable recovery.
Conditions Neurosurgeons May Treat
- Tumors involving the brain, spinal cord, nerves, skull or the spine
- Pinched nerve injuries or discomforts
- Peripheral nerve injuries creating muscle weakness or wasting
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome
- Brain hemorrhages
- Spinal blood clots
- Carotid artery disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Infections involving the brain and spinal cord
- Traumatic injuries to the brain, spinal cord, nerves or skull
Providence Health's downtown campus offers patients presenting with stroke or neurological symptoms with access to 24/7 to the Medical University of South Carolina's (MUSC) neruo-hospitalists through teleneurology services. This innovative technology enables our onsite physicians and nurses to connect remotely for a neurology consultation with these esteemed specialists any time of the day or night to provide immediate care for our patients.