Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Our Vision for Palliative Care
Providence Health Palliative Care provides excellence in holistic care improving the quality of life for patients with advance illness throughout the process of living and dying. Through such care, we believe that God’s healing presence is revealed.
Palliative Care is a multidisciplinary specialty that supports the physician's care of patients with serious, terminal and life-threatening illnesses.
- Assists with the management of complex pain and other symptoms of illness.
- Handles intense patient/family communication and assists with clarification of patient centered goals.
- Gives patients the opportunity to have a voice in what care they receive. See also Advanced Directives page.
- Has been shown to lower pain levels and discomfort, improve patient outcomes and improve patient and family satisfaction.
- Palliative Care is NOT hospice care. Palliative care can be offered at any stage of illness, in addition to end-of-life care.
For more information about our Palliative Care offerings, call 803-256-5749.