Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
FIRST for the Midlands.
FIRST for you.
Providence Health was the FIRST hospital to introduce full cardiovascular services to the Midlands community over 40 years ago. Since then, we have been a champion for your hearts through many firsts. We recently introduce the WATCHMAN™ left atrial appendage closure device and just this past October introduced the MitraClip device to the Midlands.
Here are a few of the FIRSTS we introduced to the Midlands.
- Fully absorbable stent placement
- Aortic valve replacement
- Biventricular implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Carotid stent
- Cardiac ablation
- Coronary angioplasty
- Coronary stent
- Drug eluting stent implantation
- Electrophysiology study
- Intragrated intravascular ultrasound system in the U.S.
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass
- Open heart surgery
- Mitral valve replacement
- Pacemaker implant
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- WATCHMAN Device
We want to celebrate our innovation by highlighting recent patients who received procedures that we first introduced to the Midlands.
Why feature the patients and not the technology?
Because at Providence we also put our patients FIRST.
Put your heart health first.
Click here to take our online cardiac assessment.
- Find A Doctor
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab & Fitness
- Emergency Department
- Home Health Services
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Palliative Care
- Pulmonary care
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Vascular Health
- Vein Center
- Wound Care