Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Providence Health Joins American Heart Association’s Healthy For Good™ Initiative
October 29, 2019
Heart disease and stroke affect everyone in this country—you, your neighbors and your loved ones. Often people will try to fight these diseases with radical fad diets and crazy exercise trends, but these are only temporary fixes. A long life of heart health requires lifelong habits, and lifelong habits are begin most easily with small steps.
Providence Health is joining the American Heart Association’s Healthy for Good™ initiative, which the AHA describes as “a revolutionary healthy living movement to inspire you to create lasting change in your health and your life, one small step at a time.” Their approach to being Healthy For Good has four simple parts: Eat smart. Add color. Move more. Be well.
Kicking off the initiative is #EatSmartMonth. During November, Providence Health and the American Heart Association will be sharing tips and encouragement to commit to a healthier way of eating.
Here’s what you can do to join the Healthy For Good movement:
- Enjoy heart-healthy foods like fruits and vegetables at every meal and snack. Aim for four to five servings of each per day.
- Bring healthier lunches and snacks to school and work.
- Make healthier choices at the vending machine—avoid salty chips, sugary snacks, and sweetened beverages.
- If you eat lunch out with friends or co-workers, look for nutrition information on the restaurant’s website or menu and select a healthier option in advance.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for our daily #EatSmartMonth tips to learn how to live healthier and stay motivated.
For more information about the American Heart Association’s Healthy For Good movement visit: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living.