Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Public Heart Expo Showcasing Innovative Heart Care Available in the Midlands
February 25, 2019
Download printable press release here.
COLUMBIA, SC – Providence Health introduced heart surgery and cardiac catheterization to the Midlands in the early 1970s. Today, Providence continues to introduce groundbreaking innovation in cardiovascular services. On Thursday, the last day of Heart Month, Providence is inviting the public to a free Heart Expo to showcase the latest and greatest in heart care technology and practices.
“Providence has always been at the leading edge of heart care, and not just because of their commitment to cardiovascular services,” say Dr. Venk Gottipaty, a cardiologist speaking about atrial fibrillation at 6PM at the event. “Because we have a history of successful outcomes and strictly following protocol, manufacturers often select us to introduce their technology to a market, which means our patients have access to the latest innovations.”
Attendees will enjoy face-to-face interaction with specialists in an open floor setting featuring representatives of:
- The heart surgery team awarded one of the industry’s highest quality marks 22 times
- Interventional cardiologists from the region’s leading Structural Heart program
- Nutrition team from the award-winning Providence Cooks! `
- Cardiac rehab team who trained 2 of SC’s last 3 Cardiac Rehab Patients of the Year
- Pharmacists who can answer heart medication questions (bring your list of medicines)
- Imaging diagnostic specialists who screen the USC athletes for heart health
- The only hospital-based Vein Center in the region
- Diabetes and Wound Specialists to educate about the disease and management
- Sleep Medicine Specialists from our diagnostic sleep labs
- … and more!
“Technology continues to make big strides in convenience, with phones replacing trips to the store and frozen foods accounting for more than $53 billion a year in U.S. sales,” says Registered Dietitian Kay MacInnis, who will be available at the event. “I’m proud to be a part of the health system that supports equal strides in cardiovascular technology.”
Attendees will have an opportunity to see live presentations on Congenital Heart Failure and Sleep (5:30 PM), Atrial Fibrillation (6:15 PM), and Minimally Invasive Alternatives to Heart Surgery (7 PM). Guests should call 800-424-DOCS to RSVP and reserve their FREE GIFT.
Event: Heart Expo
Location: Providence Health, 120 Gateway Corporate Blvd, Columbia, SC 29203
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Time: 5 PM to 8 PM
To go to our page about this event click here.