Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Nurse Residency Program
The Providence Health Nurse Residency program offers new graduates an exceptional opportunity to gain educational and clinical training in many inpatient care areas including Medical/Surgical, Telemetry, and Critical Care. This intensive program enables new graduates to learn through hands-on experience and then transition to staff roles within the nursing departments at Providence Health. Program duration varies from 3 to 6 months depending on the demands of the specific clinical setting.
Upcoming program start dates: July 2020 and February 2021
During this 12-week program, new graduates work 40 hours/week. This includes 4-hour weekly training sessions designed to place residents in other departments that work closely with their home unit providing a better understanding of the multidisciplinary collaboration of quality patient care.
Our aim is to:
- Reduce professional stress
- Increase job satisfaction
- Enhance clinical skills
- Develop supporting inter-professional relationships
How Do I Apply?
- Hands-on experience with equipment and mentoring
- Clinical training and instruction while allowing you to work on a nursing unit
- Clinical training on the day, night and weekend shifts
- Structured 1:1 clinical education using pathways and specific timelines provided in each patient care area
- Nurse educator mentorship
- Training sessions designed to augment critical thinking skills
- Classroom activities that address key clinical topics
- South Carolina RN license must be active prior to the program's start date
- ADN or BSN required
- BLS (American Heart Association) required prior to start date
- New graduate to 12 months of hospital-based RN experience
- Available to work the schedule of your preceptor throughout orientation
For more information, contact Garrett Butler at Garrett.Butler@ProvidenceHospitals.com.