Glenn Meadows Nursing Scholarship
Funding Education for Current and Future Nurses
To download the application to print and submit, click the button below.
The Glenn Meadows Nursing Scholarship Fund was established in recognition of the numerous years of service Glenn Meadows provided Providence while part of the Sisters of Charity Health System. The purpose of this scholarship is to enable employees of Providence Health’s entities the opportunity to pursue a degree in nursing or further their nursing education. For the past 80 years of its Catholic health care ministry, Providence has valued and encouraged nursing excellence. The goal of this scholarship program is to encourage persons familiar with the mission and philosophy of Catholic health care to enter or continue in the profession of nursing.
This scholarship award is granted to two individuals in the amount of $1,250 each. The Scholarship award is provided to the employee by way of a check made out directly to the educational institution, not the awardee.
This Nursing Scholarship is given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited basic nursing program.
- A student in an accelerated program will be eligible for application, if the student is still completing coursework.
- Applicant must be a full-time employee having worked within Providence Health’s system for at least one year.
- Demonstrated leadership of the applicant in communities where they live or work through academic achievement, volunteerism, and/or community building.
- Applicant must have human resources validate their work performance.
To apply, the following items MUST be provided:
- A completed application cover sheet (attached)
- Two short essays on the following topics: (Please limit each essay to 250 words.)
- What motivates or inspires you to become a nurse or advance your degree?
- How does the mission of the Providence Health match your own personal belief system?
- Two (current) letters of recommendation from people who are not family members but who are familiar with your ability to serve in the community and be a dedicated responsible student. (At least one of these recommendations should be from a teacher or supervisor).
- Include a copy of the acceptance letter to the school of nursing.
- Any other information that demonstrates merit related to this scholarship.
Applications (including the essays and letters of recommendation) must be received by Monday, May 21, 2018.
A decision and notification will be made by June 1, 2018. The scholarship could be renewed for a second year, but applicant must re-apply.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will be rejected immediately.