Welcome to Providence Health’s New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Nurses play a vital part of the community, and Providence Health wants to help you prepare for this proud and pivotal profession. Our Nurse Residency program provides guided clinical experience combined with educational opportunities in a non-threatening environment to help new graduate nurses smoothly and confidently transition to staff nurse demands.
Our aim is to...
- Reduce your professional stress.
- Increase your job satisfaction.
- Enhance your clinical skills.
- Provide you with supportive inter-professional relationships.
- Rehearse and strengthen your job-life skills such as critical thinking, delegation, time management, and conflict resolution.
Limited to 12 residents per session. Participation requires a 1-year commitment to work at Providence Health post-completion of the residency.
Only New Graduate Registered Nurses will be considered for the program. This includes-
- Registered Nurses who graduated from an accredited nursing school within the past year and also passed the NCLEX.
- Licensed Registered Nurses with less than one-year of hospital experience
The program takes one year to complete and is broken down into two phases.
Phase One: 12 weeks of unit orientation
New graduate residents will work 36 hours/week. This includes training days and extrinsic experiences designed to place residents in other departments that work closely with their home unit, giving a better understanding of the multidisciplinary collaboration of quality patient care.
Phase Two: begins once unit orientation is complete
Monthly Professional Development classes provide continued support, discussing issues such as delegation, time management, critical thinking, generation gap, cultural diversity, conflict resolution, etc. Close correspondence and support continues from the Resident Coordinator throughout this phase.
Next Start Date:
February 19, 2018
To apply, visit http://yourprovidencehealth.com/for-healthcare-professionals/career-opportunities and fill out an application for the RN2 position for the department that interests you at Providence Health in Columbia, SC.